Learn how to conjugate and translate verbs in the 3rd conjugation in the passive voice.
Conjugate duco, ducere (lead) in the present, imperfect, and future passive, and translate.
Present: or, iris, itur, imur, imini, untur
Imperfect: ebar, ebaris, ebatur, ebamur, ebamini, ebantur
Future: ar, eris, etur, emur, emini, entur
Passive infinitive: take the -ere off the infinitive and add -i
1) Dante’s guide in the Inferno (in the Divine Comedy).
2) Virgil went to Rome to study rhetoric, medicine and astronomy, which he abandoned to write poetry.
3) Virgil wrote the Aeneid, an epic poem about the founding of Rome.
4) Suetonius was a Roman history who lived around the time of Virgil.
5) His full name is Publius Vergilius Maro.
6) The Aeneid has 12 books and was still composing it when he died.
7) He was in born in Cisalpine Gaul, in Mantua (modern Mantova).
8) He was born in October 15, 70 B.C.
9) He died September 21, 19 B.C. He died in Brundisium (in modern Brindisio).
10) He was very influenced by Homer, who wrote the Iliad and the Odyssey.
11) Virgil lived in the Augustan period, when the first emperor Augustus ruled.
12) He was an equestrian, land-owning family which could afford to give him an education.
13) Virgil wrote the Eclogues (pastoral poems—about shepherds, goatherds, neatherds, and poetry)—Georgics (didactic poem on agriculture)—Aeneid.