pridie Kalendas Septembris (here’s a Roman Date Calculator)
~HOMEWORK~ ~all assignments should be completed by the start of class on Friday, 3 September~
- QUIZ on the vocabulary words (Latin words + English definitions) and the present tense (how to conjugate a verb and translate it) for first conjugation (like amo, amare, love) and second conjugation (like video, videre, see) verbs.
- Read (online) in Outlines of Roman History, sections 6-9, the struggle against kingship, struggle for economic rights, struggle for equal laws, struggle for political equality.
- Quiz on the Greek alphabet and transliterating from the Greek letters to English ones.
- Read (that is, just look over—-this chapter is a bit confusing) lesson 2 on the Greek accent marks.
- Conjugate in all 6 tenses in the passive voice: voco, vocare, vocavi, vocatus–call and dico, dicere, dixi, dictus — say. Conjugations can be found here.
- Translate more of this poem (see pp. 304-5 of Wheelock for vocabulary).