ante diem VII Idus Septembris (also see the Roman Date Calculator)
~HOMEWORK~ ~all assignments should be completed by the start of class on Tuesday, 7 September~
- READ ch. 2 of Wheelock’s Latin.
- MEMORIZE the names and basic uses of the 6 cases of Latin: nominative, genitive, dative, accusative, ablative, vocative.
- Start MEMORIZING the endings for the 1st declension feminine (for nouns like puella, puellae, girl).
- Write out all vocabulary words for ch. 2
- Read in Textbook on Roman Law, ch. 2 (pp. 21 – 61).
- Make a list of the sources of Roman law.
- What are the sources of law here in the US?
- Read lesson 3 on the the present tense of verbs.
- Write out ALL the vocabulary words in lesson 3 and their definitions.
- Learn the endings for the present tense, imperative, and infinitive.
- CONJUGATE these verbs: εθελω (want, wish) — κλεπτω (steal). Also give the infinitive and imperatives and TRANSLATE all forms.
- Participles and Infinitives: Read chh.
- Pp. 158-159, #1, 2, 3.
- Give the 4 participles and 6 infinitives for these two verbs: rideo, ridere, risi, risus (laugh); credo, credere, credidi, creditus (believe).