ante diem IV Idus Septembris (also see the Roman Date Calculator)
~HOMEWORK~ ~all assignments should be completed by the start of class on Tuesday, 7 September~
- QUIZ on (1) the names and basic uses of the 6 cases of Latin: nominative, genitive, dative, accusative, ablative, vocative— (2) endings for the 1st declension feminine (for nouns like puella, puellae, girl)—(3) Selected vocabulary words for ch. 2.
- Vocabulary words to know: puella, nauta, fama, poena, vita, pecunia, porta, magna, multa, et, sed
- Read in Textbook on Roman Law, ch. 3 (pp. 63 – 81), on Roman litigation.
- Read these excerpts from the Twelve Tables.
- QUIZ on (1) the present tense of verbs (conjugating a verb in the present tense and giving the infinitive)— (2) Selected vocabulary words from lesson 3 — (3) a very small amount of translation.
- Quiz on Participles and Infinitives, with some translation (I’ll provide vocabulary)—moved to NEXT Tuesday.
- Homework, p. 167, #1, 2, 4, 7.— Review ch. 25 on Indirect Statement.
- Study the ‘list of verbs capable of introducing indirect statement.’
- Sorry class ended in a bit of a rush! My son had a great first day at school; there was a mix-up with his bus transportation home so the school called me.