Please note that we do not have class on Friday, 29 October, 2010.
HOMEWORK due ante diem IV Nones Novembris
~all assignments should be completed by the start of class on Tuesday, 2 November.
- Decline tempus, temporis N—carmen, carminis, N — pater, patris M .
- Short passage, p. 47, ‘The Rape of Lucretia.’
- Read ch 8 on 3rd conjugation verbs and learn the present and imperfect tenses.
- Finishin Textbook on Roman Law, ch 8 on inheritance (pp. 208-248).
- Read pp/ 54-56 on substantives and the genitive of possession.
- Sentences, p. 57, #2, 3, 5.
- Read ch. 10 about forming the imperfect (past) tense of verbs.
- Conjugate λυω in the imperfect tense and translate.
- Review ch. 32, formation and comparison of adverbs.
- More irregular verbs: volo, nolo, malo.
- Finish Catullus poem, ‘vivamus mea Lesbia atque amemus.’ p 225, SECOND paragraph of the passage ‘the Character of Cimon.’ I know it is a bit long; try to do the first 3 sentences of the paragraph, from ‘Cum ille occidisset……. amiculum dedit.’