HOMEWORK due ante diem V Idus Novembris
~all assignments should be completed by the start of class on Tuesday, 9 November.
- Review ch 8 on 3rd conjugation verbs and learn the present and imperfect tenses and future tenses.
- Conjugate scribo, scribere (write) and traho, trahere (derive).
- Sentences p. 52, 1-2, p. 53, 4. Answers will be posted on Sunday night.
- See ch. 9 on demonstrative adjectives and start studying ille, illa, illud = ‘that, those.’
- Read inTextbook on Roman Law, ch 9 on contracts (pp. 251-290).
- Bring in an example of a contract that you have signed/entered into.
- Read pp. 65-69 54-56 on the active/middle/passive voice of verbs.
- Sentences, p. 57, #4, y.
- Write in English: 1 sentence in the active voice and one in the passive voice.
- Review ch. 33, conditions.
- Sentences, p. 231, 12-15: identify what kind of conditional sentences these are.
Finish Catullus poem, p 231-2. P. 232, sort of short one sentence paragraph on Alexander the great.
- And, the epigram by Martial about it.