HOMEWORK due pridie Idus Novembris
~all assignments should be completed by the start of class on Friday, 12 November.
- Quiz on Friday on translation (2 sentences, one with the SUBJECT – DIRECT OBJECT – VERB form) and 3rd conjugation verbs (present, imperfect, future).
- Read ch. 9 on demonstrative adjectives and learn ille, illa, illud = ‘that, those’
and hic, haec, hoc = ‘this, these’.
- Sentences p. 59, 1-2 (practice and review).
- Read on Julius Caesar.
- For next week if you want to get ahead–inTextbook on Roman Law, ch 9 on contracts (pp. 290-317).
- 2nd paper topic coming up……
- quiz on verbs.
- Review pp. 65-69 54-56 on the active/middle/passive voice of verbs.
- Conjugate in the
middle and passive voices
- Write in English: 1 sentence in the active voice and one in the passive voice.
- Sentences p. 71, 1 and 2.
- ch. 34 on deponent verbs.
- Sentences, p. 240, 1-4.
- Make a list of all the deponent verbs on p. 239 and learn thm.