HOMEWORK due ante diem XVI Kalendis Decembris
~all assignments should be completed by the start of class on Tuesday, 16 November.
- Read ch. 9 on demonstrative adjectives and learn ille, illa, illud = ‘that, those’ and hic, haec, hoc = ‘this, these’. A few songs.
- Sentences (Sententiae Antiquae) p. 59, 1-4. Answers WILLbe posted on Sunday night.
- Read in Textbook on Roman Law, ch 9 on contracts (pp. 290-317).
- 2nd paper topic coming up……
- Read pp. 65-69 on the active/middle/passive voice of verbs.
- Conjugate in τρεπω and πειθώ the
middle and passive voices
- Sentences p. 71, 9 and 2.
- ch. 34 on deponent verbs—quiz on Tuesday (words below–click on ‘more’)
- p. 242, poem 51 by Catullus.
Intermediate Latin deponent verbs
egredior, egredi, egressus
fateor, fateri, fassus sum. confess, admit
hortor. encourage, exhort
loquor, loqui, locutus sum. speak
molior, moliri, molitus. build, undertake. moles
morior, mori, mortuus sum. die moriturus. about to die
nascor, nasci, natus. be born
patior, pati, passus sum. suffer, endure, bear
proficiscor, proficisci, profectus sum. depart, set out
sequor, sequi, secutus sum. follow
utor, uti, usus sum. use, enjoy + ablative.
duco, ducere. present passive infinitive duci, ‘to be led’