HOMEWORK due ante diem X Kalendris Decembris
~all assignments should be completed by the start of class on Friday, 19 November.
- Learn the words for I, you, we, you (pl), who, tu, nos, vos—see ch. 10 on personal pronouns
- Sentences p. 72, 1, 3, 4 (sententiae antiquae).
- Review in Textbook on Roman Law, ch 10 on delicts (pp. 318-352).
- Also read this page about Roman laws and history. http://www.unrv.com/government/legal-institutional-chronology.php
- 2nd paper topic coming up…… 1 topic will be about comparing marriage laws in ancient Rome http://www.unrv.com/government/julianmarriage.php
with marriage in today’s world (here’s the Time magazine article mentioned earlier). http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2031962,00.html
- Ch. 12, learn the present tense and the imperfect tense of the verb to be.
- Perseus website with passage from the Gospel of John, in Greek. http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.01.0155%3Abook%3DJohn%3Achapter%3D1%3Averse%3D1
- ch. 36 on jussive noun clauses.
- Sentences p. 258.