Salvete, omnes discipuli discipulaeque! / γειά σου!
- Review of 3rd conjugation nouns, m/f/n.
- Perfect tense—pluperfect tense—future perfect tense (ch. 12)
- Read ch. 12; write out vocabulary pp. 78-79.
- QUIZ: on principal parts of verbs
1)Video, videre, vidi, visum. What is this?
2) Name each part.
3) Translate each part.
4) Give the suffixes for a 1st conjugation verb: laud-
Classics and Film
- Finish watching O Brother Where Art Thou? if you haven’t. Be ready to provide answers to these two questions: (1) A reference to Homer’s Odyssey in the movie; (2) a reference to the 1930s Depression Era South in the movie.
- Some web resources
- some comparisons of Homer’s Odyssey to the film
- classical and other sources used in the film (including the 1941 Sullivan’s Travels)
- Robert Johnson, ‘King of the Delta Blues’ (more biographical information here); Me and the Devil Blues
- Read Books 13-17. from Homer’s Odyssey. You can read the poem online.
- Quiz on Chapter 13: vocabulary; demonstratives: Learn οδε, ηδε, τοδε (this; these); ουτος, αυτή, τούτο (this/that; these/those); εκείνος, εκείνη, εκείνο (that/those).
- P. 81, sentences 5 and 6.
- Here’s the PDF from class on demonstrative pronouns.
- Selections from Ovid’s Metamorphoses on Daedalus and Icarus.
- Websites about Ovid