Salvete, omnes discipuli discipulaeque! / γειά σου!
- Ch. 13: Reflexive Pronoun (sui, sibi, se, se) and Intensive Pronoun (ipse, ipsa, ipsum).
- Vocabulary pp. 85-86.
- Sentences (Practice and Review), 1, 6, 7.
Classics and Film
- Finish watching The Warriors.
- Read Book I, sections 1-3, from Xenophon’s Anabasis.
- Essay on the Odyssey and O Brother Where Art Thou OR Warriors: Write a 3-4 page essay in which you focus on two scenes from the poem and discuss how they are depicted in the movie.
- Summarize the two scenes from the Odyssey and explain why they are important to the poem.
- Describe the corresponding scenes in the movie you have chosen.
- Explain how ‘faithful’ the movie is to Homer’s poem and why, based on consideration of the movie as a whole, these changes were made.
- In writing about the movie, you will need to provide a brief plot summary and description of the characters.
- You will not need to use any secondary sources/articles for this paper, aside from Homer’s Odyssey and the movie.
- Due dates: (1) 15 Feb., submission of 1 page (at least) about the Odyssey; (2) 18 Feb., submission of 1 page (at least) about the movie; (3) 22 Feb., final paper due: Please email to me email@example.com.
- p. 87: Go through the story ‘Blame It On Mom’ and circle/make a list of all the uses of autos.
- Translate the first two sentences of the story.
- Vocabulary for ch. 15, p. 94.
- Continue to read the story about Daedalus and Icarus from Ovid’s Metamorphoses.
- Read the websites on scansion from this page on grammar and meter and scan lines TBA.