Salvete, omnes! / γειά σου!
- Read ch. 19 on the perfect passive voice of verbs and interrogative adjectives. Here is the perfectpassivesystemverbsHANDOUT.
- Sentences to translate: Sententiae Antique: 2 (p. 126); 4, 5 (p. 127).
- Quiz on Friday on the perfect, pluperfect, and future perfect passive of verbs (conjugating + translating), and vocabulary from ch. 19: argumentum (argument); auctor (author); familia (family, household); Graecia (Greece); iudex (judge); iudicium (judgment, decision); scelus, sceleris n (crime); quis? quid? (who? what?); certus (certain) ; gravis (heavy, serious); at (but); nisi (if not); contra (against); iam (now); delecto (1) delight; paro (1) prepare
Classics and Film
- In case you didn’t do this over spring break: ALL of the Agememnon by Aeschylus. The full text is online here or you can download a PDF file.
- Watch the documentary Protagonists.
- Quiz on ch. 18 : 1st aorist tense, present and middle; infinitive; imperatives.
- Vocabulary, p 113-114. Handout on vocabulary words and 1st aorist tense
- Selections from Latin prose.
- Midterm if you have not yet turned it in!!!!!!