Salvete, omnes! / γειά σου!
- Read ch. 21 on the passive voice (present) of the 3rd and 4th conjugations .
- Sentences to translate: Sententiae Antiquae: 1, 2 (p. 138).
- Quiz on Friday on the present of 3rd and 4th conjugation verbs and 4th declension nouns
Classics and Film
- Read the Agamemnon and find 2 passages that mention Iphigeneia. (Here is the text online.)
- Find out what is the title of the oldest extant Greek tragedy and what it is about?
- Watch Gladiator. What is the difference between history and myth, or is there one?
- Quiz on ch. 18 and 19 : 1st and 2nd aorist tenses, present and middle; infinitive; imperatives.
- sentences p. 123: 2,3.
- Selections from de Amicitia.