Salvete, omnes! / γειά σου!
- Read ch. 22 on the fifth declension of nouns.
- Decline: spes, fides.
- Future tense, passive voice endings for 3rd conjugation: -ar, -eris, -etur, -emur, -emini, -entur —- for 4th conjugation: -iar, -ieris, -ietur, -iemur, -iemini, -ientur
- vocabulary p. 143-144.
- Sententiae Antiquae, 1, 2, 3, 4.
Classics and Film
- Watch the film Medea. Some scenes are here.
- Read Euripides’ play, Medea; it is online here.
- Extra reading: Excerpt of Metamorphoses, Book 4, about Perseus.
- Look at ch. 20 on the perfect tense.
- Ch 18 story, p. 115: Hermes Finds Himself a Bargain: (1) Copy out lines 1- 6; (2) look up vocabulary; (3) translate as much as you can..
- You may find this handout 1st Aorist 2nd Aorist helpful.
- Selections from Cicero’s De Amicitia.