Salvete, omnes! / γειά σου!
- Read ch. 23 on participles.
- See this webpage about participles (in English and in Latin).
- Vocabulary ch. 23, pp. 150-151.
- Give the present participle and perfect participle for these verbs, and translate:
- delecto, delectare, delectavi, delectatum. delight
- doceo, docere, docui, doctum. teach
- rego, regere, rexi, rectum. rule
- dormio, dormire, dormivi, dormitum. sleep
Classics and Film
- Watch the film Alexander the Great. (some of it is on YouTube)
- Excerpts from the Greek historian Arrian’s Anabasis of Alexander the Great: read these excerpts about Alexander’s campaigns: http://www.shsu.edu/~his_ncp/ArrAlex.html
- On the horizon: writing assignment on Aristotle’s Poetics and one movie.
- Learn how to form the pluperfect tense and conjugate verbs,
- p. 130, sentences 2 and 3.
- Selections from Cicero’s De Amicitia.