- ευτυχής ημέρα των ευχαριστιών!
- Make sure you’re caught up on ALL the reading.
- Think about these concepts in relation to the Thanksgiving meal: syntagmatic, paradigmatic, diachronic, synchronic, ritual.
- Oral presentations: 1-2 paragraphs about your topic for the presentation/paper; include the names/titles/author of the ancient primary text(s) and the movie, book, video game, etc.; what myths you will be talking about; what concepts about myth you will refer to. You can email your topic by Friday, 11am, or submit a printed-out copy.
- Incorporate sufficient reference to a primary text (Hesiod, Ovid, Sophocles, etc.)
- Include discussion of concepts about myth such as: ritual, liminality, hero, trickster, paratactic/syntactic, archetype, family romance.
- 10 minutes long
- Powerpoint-type visual aids and other media, paper handouts are welcome
Schedule for Presentations (so far)
November 18 paragraph is DUE
November 29 Erica
December 2 Jeff, John, Scott, Joe
December 6 Janel, Yomna, Allyson
December 9 Marcus
- Cicero passage.
- Passage to translate