- Quiz on the Relative Pronoun, qui quae quod (who, which) and ch. 17 vocabulary.
Vocabulary ch. 17
levis. light, slight
aut… aut… either….or…
coepi, coepisse, coeptum. begin [ a ‘defective’ verb]
cupio, cupere, cupivi, cupitum. desire
deleo, delere, delevi, deletum. destroy, wipe out.
incipio, incipere, incepi, incepi, inceptum. begin
- Quiz on the third declension (masculine/feminine and neuter) and vocabulary
- Learning endings for m/f nouns and n nouns in the third declension.
- Vocabulary p. 100
Vocabulary, Lesson 16
ποιεω make, do
ο αγων contest
η ασπις shield
ο κλωψ thief
ο λεων lion
το ονομα name
ο ρητωρ orator
ο φωλαξ guard
η χαρις grace, favor
εχω χαριν be grateful to
χαριν for the sake of
η… η… either….or….
- Read in Drewett, ch. 4, “Recording archaeological sites”
- Short writing assignment: Take a photo of your desk or workspace (or make a drawing) and describe what you see using the principles of stratigraphy. (1) Be as specific as you can and (2) write your description from the perspective of someone who is an outside observer. You can write 1 -2 pages (which you can send to me via email – email@example.com or print out; please email print out the photo or your drawing: OR make a video and narrate it (please send the video to me via email or, if you upload it to the web, send me the URL). Here’s my desk as an example:
- Presentation with notes from class.