- Read Ch. 2 — 1st declension nouns
- Learn names of 6 cases: nominative, genitive, dative, accusative, ablative, vocative; 3 genders: masculine, feminine, neuter.
- Memorize: endings for 1st declension nouns, singular and plural, gender.
- Decline NAUTA (sailor) in all 6 cases, singular and plural.
- Write out: vocabulary, ch. 2
Latin vocabulary. ch. 2
fama — rumor ira — anger nauta –sailor patria — country pecunia — money
poena — punishment porta — gate puella — girl vita — life
magnus, -a, -um — large multus, – a, -um much, many
et –and o — oh! est – he/she/it is
- Did someone leave a Greek book in class? Let me know!
- Lesson 3: Learn present tense of ω-verbs. Conjugate in the present tense πέμπω (send) and ἔχω (have)
- Vocabulary from Lesson 1 (p. 2) — write out all words and memorize definitions.
- Read in The Landmark Herodotus, pp. 33 – 53.
- Timeline of dates and events for the Bronze Age (Minoans and Myceneans); timeline of art history via the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- How were the Minoans and Myceneans different?
- Review of declensions and conjugations; translation.