- Quiz on (1) declining 1st declension nouns like puella and vocabulary ch. 2.
Latin vocabulary. ch. 2
fama — rumor ira — anger nauta –sailor patria — country pecunia — money
poena — punishment porta — gate puella — girl vita — life
magnus, -a, -um — large multus, – a, -um much, many
et –and o — oh! est – he/she/it is
- Quiz on present tense of an ω-verbs. (ch. 3); 5 cases and their uses; 2nd declension masculine nouns; vocabulary ch. 1.
- Conjugate εθελω (want, wish) in the present tense and give infinitive. Decline ο άνθρωπος. Answers will be posted on Thursday.
ἐθέλω ἐθέλεις ἐθέλει ἐθέλομεν ἐθέλετε ἐθέλουσι (ν) ἐθέλειν
- Read in The Landmark Herodotus, up to p. 69.
- Questions: 1) note names of 5 important people, one a Lydian, one an Athenian; 2) what are three things the Delphic oracle says?; 3) what makes a man the happiest?
- Timeline of dates and events for the Bronze Age (Minoans and Myceneans) and the Iron Age (the “Dark Age”); timeline of art history via the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Review of declensions and conjugations.