- Thank you regarding my having to cancel class Friday morning. My son wasn’t able to take the bus to school (he has an anxiety disorder on top of being autistic) and I needed to drive him there.
- This is what we’ll be doing Tuesday: Perfect tense of verbs and perfect infinitive
- Some sentences to translate: Illîs magistrîs magnâs laudês dêbêmus. — Rêx noster multâs copiâs ad nôs mittet. — Quando venient?
- Read ch. 16 on 1st declension masculine nouns.
- Vocabulary ch. 16
- ὁ ἀγαθὸς ἄνθρωπος ἐκ τοῦ ἀγαθοῦ θησαυροῦ ἐκβάλλει [throw out] ἀγαθά, καὶ ὁ πονηρὸς [ = κακός] ἄνθρωπος ἐκ τοῦ πονηροῦ θησαυροῦ ἐκβάλλει πονηρά.
- οὐκ ἔστιν μαθητὴς ὑπὲρ [over, above] τὸν διδάσκαλον οὐδὲ δοῦλος [slave] ὑπὲρ τὸν κύριον [lord] αὐτοῦ.
History of Rome
- Read in Livy, pp. 87 – 129.
- For the upcoming map/Roman kings quiz, some things you’ll need to be able to identify: Alps, Apennine Mountains; Po River, Tiber River; Etrutia, Latium, Sabines; Rome, Alba Longa; Palatine, Aventine, Caelian,, Capitoline, Quirinal, Viminal, Esquiline; Janiculum. — Also, learn the names of the 7 kings of Rome which are listed in Book 1 of Livy and here.