- Elementary Latin
- Quiz on passive voice, present tense, of 1st, 2nd conjugation verbs.
- Endings: r/or, ris, tur, mur, mini, ntur.
- Conjugate in present passive: laudo laudare, laudavi, laudatum (praise) — video, videre, vidi, visum (see).
- Translate: Muros autem urbis superare non potuerant. Sed tum Epeus unus ex Graecis, eis hoc consilium dedit: “Si magnum equum ligneum faciemus et Troianis dabimus, eos vincere poterimus; Graecos enim in equo condiderimus.”
Quiz on 3rd declension neuter nouns and vocabulary ch. 19.
History of Rome
- Read in Livy, pp. 163-203.
- Choose a topic for your paper or presentation and send me an email by Friday at 11am. Please note this class is not meeting today.
- In the email, be as specific as possible about what you will discuss by (1) listing at least three things you will discuss; (2) saying what pages in Livy’s History you will discuss; (3) saying what other texts you will use.
- Plato’s Apology of Socrates — Please note this class is not meeting today.