- ULTIMA PROBATIO on the perfect, pluperfect and future perfect passive (see this and this) and nouns in the fifth declension.
- Last quiz of the semester on the verb ‘to be’ (present, future, imperfect, 2 participles, 2 infinitives) and “what declension is this noun in.”
History of Rome
- Choose your final paper/presentation topic and be ready to explain it in class on Tuesday.
- Read the rest of Book 3 in Tacitus’ Histories.
- More on Pompey and Caesar and Antony and Octavian — and then, the reign of the Emperor Augustus. Timeline of Greek and Roman history — of the Roman Republic – of Latin literature.
- Final exam format: You will be asked to write an essay on the topic of ‘how and why did the Roman Republic change into the Roman Empire?’ Open book/open notes; May 10, Thursday, 12 noon.
- Translate Plato’s Apology of Socrates