- Translate the first 4 sentences of the passage I handed out in class; this will be part of the prepared translation section of the final exam.
- Exam is May 10, 9am; the format will be grammar (everything covered from January to now; no notes allowed) and translation (prepared and sight; notes allowed);
- Translate verses 25 and 26 of this passage.
- Exam is May 14, 9am; the format will be grammar (everything covered from January to now; no notes allowed) and translation (prepared and sight; notes allowed);
History of Rome
- Final presentations: To be given on the last day of class, May 3, Friday or on April 30, Friday — please email me for details. If your name is not on the list, I am taking this to mean you are writing a paper!
Tiberius — Sushi
Caligula — Aaron
Nero — Marcus
Titus — Jayee
Hadrian – Maria
Marcus Aurelius — Roger
Septimius Severus — Marvin
Philip the Arab — Ami
Constantine — Ryan M
- Read the rest of Book 3 in Tacitus’ Histories.
- Final exam format: You will be asked to write an essay on the topic of ‘how and why did the Roman Republic change into the Roman Empire?’ Open book/open notes; May 10, Thursday, 12 noon.
- Translate Plato’s Apology of Socrates