Salvete, omnes! / γειά σου!
- More onch. 23 on participles (plus this webpage about participles).
- Translation, p. 132: ‘Laocoon speaks out against the Trojan horse,’ first two sentences.
Classics and Film
- Watch the 1960 film Spartacus (NOT the recent miniseries). (some of it is on YouTube: here, here, here, here—-this is the final scenes).
- Read these webpages about gladiators.
- Read / go over the readings we’ve done for class: Agamemnon — Medea — Metamorphoses — Aristotle’s Poetics—Arrian (http://www.shsu.edu/~his_ncp/ArrAlex.html).
- Lesson 21: personal pronouns
- Look over vocabulary p. 136
- Sentences 1-2, p. 137.
- EXTRA: Conjugate the word for ‘I kill’ in all tenses (present, future, imperfect, aorist, perfect, pluperfect)
- Selections from Cicero’s De Amicitia.